Please contact us with your postcode for freight quotes other than to areas noted.
The Finn Cuda was designed and built to be a light and very stable craft for ocean, river & fly fishing…. furthermore, it was purpose designed with the involvement of many ‘active’ kayak fishermen – we have not merely modified an existing kayak.
- Four rod holders face front and rear for anchored fishing, drift fishing or trolling a larger rod.
- The anchor line is easily clipped to the continuous reel from bow to stern so as to adjust the anchor point, sea anchor or mooring buoy to windward or leeward
- The rudder is an asset when used more as a “trim tab” for trolling & to offset quartering wind and waves. The rudder allows all of your paddling effort to be converted into forward movement, and its use also avoids broaching during the casting and retrieving of lines.
- The Cuda’s unique cathedral hull provides great tracking in rough and windy conditions.
- The Cuda Fishing Kayak has additional displacement to carry +160kg – its upswept bow & stern sheds the waves as you cut through the chop or run with a following swell, and its unique “wine glass” bow and stern makes for great tracking and control in following waves and swells.
- A combination of the flared hull and bow for shedding water, as well as the large cut-aways which facilitate a more efficient paddle action, gives you a big volume dry fishing kayak (without it paddling like a barge). The combination of all of these design features makes for a fast, stable & dry hull which knifes through rough water. (The hull design has no large corridors or inverted keels, giving the hull a better glide with less turbulence.
- The “boat tail” stern increases the volume in the stern for better load carrying for less length overall, again providing big boat displacement & characteristics for a small 3.7m kayak.
- The long tub style cockpit allows the adjustment of seating position and /or the trim of the Cuda. The adjustable footrests and backrest allows one to slide aft, allowing room for a child or pet to share the paddling and fishing experience.
- The large cockpit “well” helps keep all fishing equipment semi-contained, as well as offering the paddler some protection from the wind and elements.
- Features XL Hatches which allow easier access into hull and the ability to stow larger items.
- Six scupper drains are positioned in the cockpit well to provide self draining and avoid any risk of swamping.
- A large self draining tub in the rear deck allows access to a “milk crate” or similar container to which extra rod holders can be fitted, or the recommended esky to keep your catch cool.
- Solid carry handles fitted to the bow and stern allow for comfortable lifting by two people, and doubles as a great tie-off for towing and transporting.
- Painters (deck lines) are fixed around the cockpit for easy lifting. By using nylon webbing instead of cord, we achieve a more comfortable grab handle for rescue or re-entry. The painter also doubles as convenient fixing points to attach paddle straps, paddle clips, bait buckets, and security lines for knives, pliers etc.
- Length 3.7m
- Width 0.75m
- Weight 25kg
Standard (Including Finn Wing Classic Paddle) $1390.00
- Includes Rudder ($160.00)
- Includes 2 x XL Hatches ($80.00 each)
- Includes 4 Rod Holders ($50.00 each)
- Includes Finn Deluxe Large Backrest ($99.00)
- Includes Storage Box($129.00)
- Includes Anchor and Rope ($50.00)
- Includes Anchor Trolley ($40.00)
- Includes Rod Holder Extender ($10.00)
- Includes Painter – Webbing Handles ($25.00)
- Includes Paddle Leash & 2 x Paddle Clips ($62.00)