3.0m Spindrift Dinghy – Commercial Rated
2019 model with higher engine and carrying capacity!
NSCV Commercially approved level buoyancy
A high performing, user-friendly and low cost dinghy, the Spindrift works equally well with oars or an outboard. The twin hulls provide efficiency and the ability to safely stand and move about without capsizing – making it perfect for fishing, crabbing, handling craypots or a highly reliable tender – while preventing sideways drifting in the wind, a common problem with inflatables.
- NSCV commercially approved level buoyancy.
- Lightweight and easily manageable at 60 kilograms.
- Easily transportable by roof rack, box trailer or ute.
- Modular size of 3.0 x 1.25 meters makes for easy handling and storage.
- Supremely tough – 20 year UV resistant and maintenance free.
- Nil risk of puncture from hooks/knives and immune to mould, rot and corrosion.
- Customers are using motors varying from Electric up to 10hp petrol outboards. 10hp is registered for the builder’s plate and is the maximum recommended.
- Built-in PU buoyancy for maximum safety.
- Works well with an electric trolling motor.
- Generous free board/fore deck capacity for ultimate “dry ride”.
- Length 3.0 metres
- Beam 1.25 metres
- Height .55 metres
- Weight 60 kilograms
- Carrying Capacity 362 kilograms (3 x passengers)
- Rated for 10hp (92kgs)
- NSCV commercially approved level buoyancy
- Oars and rowlocks
- Bow anchor well
- Reinforced motor mount with outboard security attachment
- Self-draining motor well
- 1 x bench seat
- Anchor cleat
- 4 carry handles (2 each) at bow and stern
- Twin bow tow point
- Drain bungs in each keel
Level Buoyancy information: Basic flotation means that the boat will float in some form if swamped. If the boat has capsized, it will remain afloat for you to possibly cling on to the upturned hull.
Level flotation means that the boat will continue to float in a level position if swamped and will be prevented from capsizing in calm water at least. This will allow you to remain in the boat and bail the vessel to remove the water. This is now a legal requirement for all commercial operators and optional for recreational users. THIS OPTION IS AVAILABLE ON ALL SPINDRIFT DINGHIES.
Finns fleet of boats are designed and manufactured in Western Australia. Constructed in super resilient polyethylene plastic, they are strong, hard wearing and rigid ensuring many years of problem free boating. The high grade of Polyethylene used is UV retardant, offering 20 years protection from the sun.