2.4m Spindrift Dinghy – Commercial Rated
2019 model with higher engine and carrying capacity!
NSCV Commercially approved level buoyancy
A big hit with fishing enthusiasts and makes the perfect Tender. Its clever dinghy concept incorporates the stability and efficiency of the catamaran hull-form and lightweight toughness of Finn’s trademark roto-moulded polyethylene.
A high performing, user-friendly and low cost dinghy, the Spindrift works equally well with oars or an outboard. The twin hulls provide efficiency and the ability to safely stand and move about without capsizing – making it perfect for fishing, crabbing, handling cray pots or a highly reliable tender – while preventing sideways drifting in the wind, a common problem with inflatables.
- Lightweight and easily manageable at 45 kilograms.
- Easily transportable by roof rack, box trailer or ute.
- Modular size of 2.4 x 1.25 metres makes for easy handling and storage.
- Supremely tough – 20 year UV resistant and maintenance free.
- Nil risk of puncture from hooks/knives and immune to mould, rot and corrosion.
- Customers are using motors varying from Electric up to 7hp petrol outboards. 7hp is registered for the builders plate and the maximum recommended.
- Built-in PU buoyancy for maximum safety.
- Works well with an electric trolling motor.
- Generous freeboard/foredeck capacity for ultimate “dry ride”.
- Custom colour choice.
- Length 2.4 metres
- Beam 1.25 metres
- Height .55 metres
- Weight 45 kilograms
- Carrying Capacity 220 kilograms (or 2 x passengers)
- Rated for 7hp
- Oars and row locks
- Bow Anchor Well
Level Buoyancy information: Basic flotation means that the boat will float in some form if swamped. If the boat has capsized, it will remain afloat for you to possibly cling on to the upturned hull.
Level flotation (Commercial Rated) means that the boat will continue to float in a level position if swamped and will be prevented from capsizing in calm water at least. This will allow you to remain in the boat and bail the vessel to remove the water. This is now a legal requirement for all commercial operators and optional for recreational users. THIS OPTION IS AVAILABLE ON ALL SPINDRIFT DINGHIES.
Finn’s fleet of boats are designed and manufactured in Western Australia. Constructed in super resilient polyethylene plastic, they are strong, hard wearing and rigid ensuring many years of problem free boating. The high grade of Polyethylene used is UV retardant, offering 20 years protection from the sun.